Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Weekend Getaway

This past Saturday morning we were heading out to the Toledo Zoo. As we were driving down the road, we made a spontaneous decision to go out of town instead. So we turned the car around, went home and packed for an overnight stay. We kenneled the dogs and headed to the west side of the state. We weren't sure where we were going but we figured it out as we went along. Thank goodness for the navigation system in my car. I don't know how we ever functioned without it. We drove through a couple of small towns and ended up in Ludington for the night. But one of the first towns we drove through was Montague. We came to the center of town and found this....



Most people don't know this but Andrew's room was suppose to be a sailboat theme. We even had a sailboat put on his gravestone. So when I saw this, it reminded me of him. Isn't it beautiful? I wish he could have been with us on this trip although I'm sure he was looking down from heaven and wishing he was with us too.

It was a nice weekend. It was good to get away for a few days. We hope to do it again soon, maybe around the 4th of July. 

Here's a few more pictures from our trip to Lake Michigan...











Tonight will be our first time attending a support group since I delivered Andrew. We hope that it is somewhat helpful to us. We hate that there are so many people out there that have experienced the same or similar thing we have. It's truly heartbreaking to know how many babies do not make it in this world. Although I've been told that Andrew lived a perfect life and I could not agree more. 

No comments: