Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Anniversary and a Camping Trip

Last Friday, Aug 28th, Steve and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I cannot believe it's been 5 years ago since I married my best friend. Never in a million years would I have guessed that we would have went through the horrible tragedy of losing our child. But we've remained strong and determined that we weren't going to let this break us. I read in a book right after we lost Andrew that the divorce rate jumps up to 80% when a couple loses a child. Wow, how is that for odds?? We've had hard days, I won't even begin to act like we haven't but we're getting through and I know in the end, it will make us stronger.

Also on Friday, we drove to Erie, PA for a long weekend of camping along with both sets of grandparents. We had a really good time despite the rain. Steve took some awesome pictures that I can hopefully put on here when he sends them to me (hint, hint). We did a lot of eating and talking, playing cards and making campfires. It was so nice to just get away.

So I started Weight Watchers yesterday. I'm on a mission to lose 30 pounds. I've gained 25 pounds since Steve and I got married so that pretty much breaks down to 5 lbs a year and now it's time to get rid of it. So like I was saying, yesterday was my first day and I already went over my points so wish me lots of luck because I think I'm gonna need it!!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Happy 5th Anniversary and GOOD LUCK with WW, I know you can do it :-)