Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blood Clot Disorder - Check!

So I just got off the phone with the doctors office. They gave me the results of my recent blood test. They were testing my protein c level. The first set of blood work I had done showed that my level was low but that was 4 weeks after giving birth to Andrew so they weren't sure if my body was back to "normal" at that time so I had another set of blood work done a few weeks later to check my level again and I just found out that it was still low. This means that I have a blood clot disorder and the next time I become pregnant, I will have to give myself a shot 2x a day with a blood thinner which isn't really a big deal, whatever it takes to make myself and my baby healthy, I will do it.

So that brings me to the question, is that what caused his death? Did he have a blood clot that took his life? Did he die so that I didn't die? We'll never know.

I wanted to share this picture, it's similar to the pictures in my previous post but I took this one with my phone. Notice the light above Matthew's head. I'm not one to always believe in "signs" but this is one that I have a hard time not believing in. I feel that it is Andrew watching over his older brother. I hope that he stays with him for the rest of his life and helps him to choose the right paths to take and the right decisions to make.


2 comments:

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

I love that picture!! I'm convinced that's Andrew watching over your oldest son, too. I love little things like that!

xo

Christina said...

I came across your blog through my friend Meg's and I am so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through.

I wanted to let you know that I too have a blood clotting disorder- Factor V Leiden- and have taken blood thinners through 2 pregnancies. I've post a bit about it on my blog if you're interested or feel free to email me if you have any questions.